I pondered what I miss of Pitogo - the tiny, special town that reminds me of my summer youth
Is it the narrow roads of rolling terrains that we enjoy trekking with,
or is it the loyal pack that trail us in our trips to the horizon?
Who could ever forget the taste of savory snowballs -
the touch of velvety sweetness that melts in our mouth like a sweet
manna from Heaven
I can still hear the crushing of the ice, the turning of the wheels - oh the hard labor, the innocent
patience!
Do you reminisce the time we had together at a mini theatre,
where tiny speck of garapatas tormented us, reminding this is not
our turf?
How about the days when the Hiwaga, the Shocker, the Precious Hearts, the Fantasy and the
Funny comics became a temporary relief for our boredom?
I remember the pretty damsels that I danced sweet music with, the stroke of the drums, the
lambadas – the nostalgic tunes!
Their faces now only a mirage, slowly fading
Dance, I do not know, but when I'm in Pitogo I feel like I can do
it all.
I also remember the chico trees at the back that we used to climb with
until a momentarily slip reminded me that all those were only
memories
of what it used to be
Time has eroded everything - the sceneries, the places,
the smile, the people - all those are long gone, including beloved
Nanay
Only the house remain that continue to remind me of years passed - in full glory I will always
remember Pitogo but only in my dreams and faded memories
Comments
Post a Comment