As she descends from God's lair,
her silver streaks glows from the touch of sunlight,
luring us into thinking she's vulnerable but she is sturdy as a tree
Age may have threatened to wash her strength away
but she seemed unperturbed, not mindful of those around her
Divinity is akin to food of the spirit,
She does not budge and manages to unleash an earthly smile
She is nanay, my mother's chieftain ,the source of our being.
If there are things that I can remember
It is her face, the modesty, the divine resilience
Stories remind me of her like the fabled lola basyang,
except she does not talk much and preferred to just listen
It is music to my ears when she suddenly bursts albeit with delay
"siyanga nga" then a laughter for each tale of a jester
I couldn't remember she was ever mad
All i recall was her calmness, her patience, the peaceful demeanor.
Was it her effervescent smile, the indomitable spirit?
How i wish she could live for eternity to enthrall us forever
with her wit, her charm, her grace, the daily enthusiasm
I miss nanay especially during the morning call-ups
I recall when we dance the cha-cha,
The banquet that seemingly took forever, and ah - the letter reading
Nanay taught me to live a simple life, that beyond chaos there is serenity
Beyond the tremors, there is peace!
To love so deeply, I wouldn’t have been if not for Nanay
For thee I have been taught to love unbounded by time, unbounded by distance, unbounded by circumstance.
Oh I miss Nanay.
Comments
Post a Comment